Saturday, December 14, 2013

Figuring out what works for you...

Sometimes I wish that this journey was more of an exact science.  I mean it would make things easier if someone was able to "prescribe" to us exactly what to eat and exactly how much we should exercise to have optimal results.  

But that's not the way it works.  What works fantastically for me might be a disaster for you.  And my body might respond in certain ways that they don't in you.

Like CARBS.  Somehow this word has become dirty in much of the weight loss world.  And people will INSIST that you have to give up carbs because4 it just makes you crave more carbs and then you will be unable  to resist sitting down and eating POUNDS of chocolate and you will get/remain fat.

 Which is ridiculous.  I eat tons of carbs.  Mostly complex but sometimes not.  And it doesn't drive me into some sort of uncontrollable carb FIT.  AND I lost weight.

This week I've been off kilter.    But I've been eating the same as I normally do.  And exercising the same, too.  Yet my weight is lower then normal by about 2 pounds.  Why?  I wish I knew!

So I wondered if this could be related to the anxiety I have been having.  So today I intentionally ate more.  By a lot - like 500-600 calories.  I wonder what effect this will have on the scale tomorrow.  Probably it will be up and then I'll kick myself.

Surprisingly I've managed to stave off an emotional crash - with the cold and snow we've been getting - that usually sends me off the emotional deep end.

For now, I'm in cruise control and trying to just live a normal life.  


No comments:

Post a Comment