Thursday, November 7, 2013

Things I love: Miracle Noodles.

IT'S A MIRACLE!

Oh. My. Gawd.  I only learned about Miracle Noodles a couple of month ago and I had to try them!!  They are, quite simply, freaking AMAZING!  They are a ZERO CALORIE.  Yes, that is right ZERO CALORIE food that is often compared to pasta.

Are you skeptical?  I was!  But then I placed an order and holy crap!  I wish I had discovered these sooner!

According to the manufacturer's website, these noodles are made from a dietary fiber called Glucomannan and contains no calories, no carbs and no gluten.  Because it is made of fiber, it is naturally good for you and filling.

So let's take a look:

Here is a package of Fettucini - it is the only kind that I have tried so far.




The noodles come in 7 ounce packages.  When you open them they are packed in liquid.  You are told to dump out the noodles and rinse them for 30 seconds.  


Here's what they look like when you dump them out.




The package says that there may be a "fishy" smell and that is normal.  There is a bit of a weird smell, but it isn't "fishy" smelling to either me or Marc.  

Here is what a strand looks like after rinsing.  







The next step is to boil for 2-4 minutes.  I have always boiled for 4 minutes.  Any smell goes away after boiling.  Then it is ready to be served.  In my case, I throw it in some tupperware and save it for my lunch the next day.  

So, the next day comes and I mix it with whatever I want and heat it in the microwave for a couple of minutes.

This was lunch yesterday.  I threw in some pre-cooked chicken fajita strips and microwaved for 2 minutes.  



Many people apparently treat the noodles  just like pasta and cover it in tomato sauce and eat that way.  I have added an apple and a tomato.  You can also add any seasonings that you want.  Being that the fiber is soluble, it tends to absorb the flavor of any seasoning you put in it.

As you can see, it winds up just like real pasta!





Ok, so how does it taste?  This is a hard one for me to answer.  I am NOT a crazy pasta person.  I didn't even eat pasta before I lost weight and now I eat it only once and a while, the whole wheat kind.  So I am not a stickler when it comes to pasta taste or texture.

You can read other reviews under the product on Amazon.  To me, it tastes excellent and I love the somewhat "chewy" texture.  Best of all it fills you up for ZERO FRACKING CALORIES!

The noodles come in spinach flavor, which I have not tried.  They also come in Garlic and Herb which I did try and it definitely adds some flavor, but also some, but very minimal, calories (around 35).  In addition to the fettucini versions, you can buy it in angel hair versions and ziti versions which are definitely on my list to try when my supply runs out!

If that weren't enough, you can also purchase Miracle Rice made from the same fiber.  I have not tried this yet, either.  

Very rarely have I been this excited about a product as I am about Miracle Noodles.  I try to keep things as natural as possible while still trying to get low cal options.  Being that this is a natural fiber, you can be confident it is all natural.  If you are looking for an awesome alternative to pasta and rice, you HAVE to get some of these!


On my gratefulness section today - I am so thankful for the love and support of complete strangers who read this blog and are there to give me caring and constructive comments whenever I struggle and are there cheering with me whenever life is good!!

1 comment:

  1. Just tried kelp noodles this week 10 calories a serving,sounds like texture ect same. Have to get at health food stores none around here.Will check into this!

    ReplyDelete