Friday, November 29, 2013

Let the season begin!!!

It's here!!  The holiday season has begun!!  I am breaking out the holiday decorations today.  Hopefully we'll get the tree up tomorrow.  

This season always starts with some sadness for me as we are almost upon the anniversary of my dad's death.  And I get really nostalgic breaking out the decorations that are filled with memories.  Like a small wooden sleigh that my grandfather made makes me think of him with both a smile and an ache in my heart.  

But once I clear that mental hurdle, I will love to sit back and just enjoy the season.  There is a lot of talk about how the season has lost it's "meaning".  The way I look at it, YOU determine the holidays for yourself.  Where some people are concerned with getting bargains and collecting STUFF - that's not MY experience.  I choose to concentrate on ME, not the other guy. 

So I head into this season feeling hope and joy.  I continue to challenge myself to EXPERIENCE life and be less demanding.  Guess what?  I DIDN'T WORK OUT THIS MORNING.  AND when I stepped on the scale and saw that it was 6 pounds heavier then yesterday morning, I didn't have a major freak out!!

I'll work out this afternoon.  And I will need to get back on track with my eating.  But for the start of the holiday season, I want to be kinder and gentler to ME.  And I want you to do the same to yourself!
 

 


Today I am thankful that the holiday season brings mostly touching and wonderful memories to mind and an opportunity to create more of these.



No comments:

Post a Comment