Saturday, October 12, 2013

It's soooooo easy!

I'm not sure whether I should be flattered or insulted!  Yesterday I had to go to another department in the building that I work in.  And while I was hanging out in a room waiting for what I needed, I overheard 2 people talking about my weight loss.

They should have known that I could hear them - I mean they saw me go in the room that was right there.  But you know - some people are clueless.

At any rate it started out very complimentary.  They were talking about how great I look and what a transformation I had made - etc. But then one of them made a comment about me being "lucky" because it was really easy for me.  

Easy?  In what universe?

The one continued on about how I go out and run at lunch and that I'm not even that sweaty when I get back, and it must be nice.  

Um...hello?  Do you think every day I wake up like Snow White and have Bluebirds fly around and place a sash on my body and sprinkle motivation dust??  I mean, come on!  There is NOTHING easy about this journey.  

There is an AWESOME pizza place about 1 block from where I work.  Genuine greasy NY pizza.  It's TO DIE for.  Every single time I run I pass it.  TWICE.  You know the last time I had a piece of that mouth watering good pizza?  2010.  That's right!  Over 3 years ago.

I WISH that I could tell you that this journey is easy.  I wish I could say that every single day I throw on my workout clothes and dash out the door in joy.  And that when I get back and start eating my healthy lunch that I'm THRILLED and don't even think about that pizza place.

But that would be a lie.  Most times I would love to spend my lunch hour with some friends and some greasy ass pizza.  But I CHOOSE to live a different life today.  Because overall I'm happier now.  And I'm certainly healthier.  That outweighs (no pun intended) the taste of really great pizza.

But easy for me?  No way!

No comments:

Post a Comment