Thursday, July 11, 2013

Recipe: 2 ingredient pancakes.

This has been circulating all over the internet but being the skeptic that I am I had to try it for myself.  It's called 2 ingredient pancakes and the are the ingredients:

  1. 2 Eggs
  2. 1 very ripe banana
Yup, that's it. 

Step 1:  Beat up 2 eggs in a bowl.  I added some Cinnamon to mine.


Step 2:  Mash up your banana using a fork and put it in egg mixture.



Step 3:  Combine well - some people use a electric blender, but I got it smooth just using a fork.

  
Step 4:   Drop as many pancakes as you want onto a medium hot pan - WELL GREASED.  You want these pancakes pretty thin or the egg will curdle.  



Step 5:  Wait until the pancakes start to brown at the edges and then flip. 











 They look almost like real pancakes!





And that's it - wait until the other side cooks and add any toppings you want - I used 2 different peanut butters (Dark Chocolate Dreams and The Bee's Knees) and 2 different jam spreads (Spiced apple butter and Welsh's Natural Strawberry Spread) here to show what you can do .



I then added a little bit of Mrs. Butterworth's Sugar Free Syrup.  There's some turkey bacon on the side.

Some thoughts:  These DO NOT taste like regular pancakes.  You can taste the egg pretty strongly.  They are SWEETER and more dense then regular pancakes.  But they were fracking GOOD!  MUCH better for you then regular pancakes.  For me, they satisfied this CRAVING I've been having for pancakes.

A lot of people have played around with adding some things to the mixture like flax seed and protein powder.  I plan to try adding PB2 to the mixture rather then topping it with peanut butter next time, especially if I need to save on calories.  If you're feeling naughty you could add some mini chocolate chips or nuts, too!  I would only add dry ingredients, and not too much.

Give it a try and let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment