Friday, June 28, 2013

And I'm off!

T MINUS 4 HOURS AND COUNTING!!  That's when my vacation starts.  For only the second time since I started working, I am taking 2 weeks off in a row.  This is a much needed vacation for me!

As you might imagine, working with drug addicts and alcoholics can be emotionally exhausting.  Now I don't want to be a drama queen - my job is pretty cushy compared to what a lot of people do!  However, it is easy to get invested in the lives of the people I work with, and when they use it can be devastating seeing them being shipped off to state prison.  Then there's the lying and manipulating not to mention their other real issues, like trying to help them deal with things like having their children in foster care due to their drug addiction and trying to help them get them back as they improve their lives.

At any rate, I'm going to take the time off and enjoy myself.  I'm headed out for my lunch run soon and then will be over to a barbeque at one of the local halfway houses.  Then I'll finish some stuff up and head out.

This has been an interesting week.  My weight is holding steady right around 118 pounds.  I usually fluctuate a lot during the week, but it's been steady.  I've gotten a WHOLE bunch of stuff done, so I'm headed into vacation not having to worry about "working" while I'm home - what the heck am I going to do with myself??

Just chilling is extremely difficult for me.  Next month is my one year maintenance-aversary - so far so good!

Hope everyone is entering July feeling as pumped as I am!




No comments:

Post a Comment