Friday, May 3, 2013

Things I love: Campbell's Healthy Request Soups.

I love Campbell's line of 100% Natural Healthy Request soups.  Now I know what some of you are thinking - that fresh is better.  And I agree with this.  But there is nothing wrong with having some of the pre-packaged, easy meals once and a while, as long as it is not an every day thing.

And these soups are delicious, easy and low-cal.  I have tried a variety of them and have been completely satisfied with the taste and they are really filling.

Today, I will be having the Butternut Squash Bisque for lunch.  Here are a list of the ingrdients:

  • Water
  • Butternut Squash
  • Cream (milk)
  • Sugar
And then "less the 2%" of:
  • Lower sodium natural sea salt 
  • onions
  • carrots
  • apple juice concentrate
  • constarch
  • salt
  • celery
  • potato flour
And the entire can has 220 calories.  The biggest downside to these soups is that they do have relatively high sodium levels.  Any of these pre-packaged meals do.  But if you don't need to watch you sodium - I don't - they are quick and easy.

What I like so well about these soups also is that they don't have any sort of artificial taste.  They taste like what they claim to be - healthy and natural.

I've tried several varieties and liked them all.  They have the vegetarian options like the squash and 2 varieties of tomato.  And then they have ones with chicken and whole wheat pasta.

So if you're looking for a quick and healthy lunch - I highly recommend these soups!

No comments:

Post a Comment