Wednesday, April 3, 2013

One year follow up to the doctor!!

Yesterday I had my one year follow up to see Dr. DeRoberts.  It actually is 2 weeks short of a year, but close enough!

The appointment went great.  He looked at the incision, pulled at the skin, and pushed at my abdominal muscles and declared that everything looks great, he does not expect anything to change and that I don't need to see him again.  

It's weird - I only met him one year ago, but since he is such a crucial piece in my transformation it feels so strange to think that I might never see him again.  Barring a miracle and some company choosing to sponsor a thigh lift for me, I don't expect that I will see him in the future.

Speaking of the thigh lift, he looked at my arms and said that while there is clearly some extra skin, that my arms look great.  But then he grabbed HANDFULS of skin on my thighs and pulled it tight and I was able to see what my legs would look like if I was able to get that done.  Ug... they would look so much better, but I just can't justify the cost.

During the exam, he told me how "tiny" I am and how impressed he is with my abs.  He then opened my folder and looked at the LARGE before photos he had taken, and the massive amount of hanging skin.  He was like "Wow, LOOK AT THAT!"  And I was like "Trust me!  I remember well!!'

When he first went to examine me, he saw the new belly button ring and made a face.  Marc and I aren't 100% sure if he didn't like the ring or was disappointed in how the belly button itself looks.  I think it was the latter, because he poked at the belly button and made some comment about how it never did "settle down".  


As an aside, this is looking pretty good I think - 2 1/2 weeks in and no sign of rejection... Still keeping my fingers crossed!  I looked at some jewelery for the belly button yesterday while we were in the mall - I'm excited!

Finally, Dr. DeRoberts did one more treatment on my birthmark which should take care of all the rest of it and I will be birthmark free.  It had faded significantly from the first 2 treatments, but this should be it.


So, there you have it.  I can't believe that it's been a year.  I'm going to wait until my actual 1 year date and then will post pics of the incision scar and talk a little about the small amount of extra skin still on my back.   I'm thinking that some people might want to see what it looks like one year out. So stay tuned for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment