Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Moving forward....

Today is Lincoln's Birthday and, lucky me, I get the day off!  I am definitely enjoying this long weekend and getting a lot done.  

I've been reading around the weight loss sites and there seems to be a lot of discouragement going on right now.  I don't know about the rest of you, but I've been feeling it, too.  I think one reason is this fracking weather.  It just will NOT warm up!  At least this is true in my area.  
 
I ran a little this morning, but my IT Band hurt so bad - even with the strap, that I had to surrender.  And this just compounds the problem.  I can't burn as many calories as I want.  I've noticed a lot of people complaining that they are either not losing or, for those that have reached their weight loss goal, they are having trouble maintaining.  
 
I am hopeful that when spring gets here it will be easier to drop a few more pounds.
 
Anyway, I found this quote by our former President:
 

I am not a history expert by any means, but I do know that it is widely believed that Lincoln had a lot of issues, including times of serious, unrelenting depression.  Yet he changed the world - for the positive.  Because, not matter what adversity he hit, he continued to move forward.

So if you weight loss is slow, or you feel discouraged because things aren't moving fast enough, just remember to keep moving forward, no matter how slowly, and don't walk backwards.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment