Monday, December 17, 2012

HAPPY DANCE!!

Guess what guys??  I am so excited to report that I just returned from a 5 mile run with the IT Band Strap and NO PAIN!!!  I am so happy!

Now don't get me wrong.  I know this has not solved the underlying problem.  I started to get a little stiff up through the hip towards the end.  Have you guys ever had a really bad headache and taken Ibuprofen and the pain goes away, but you can kind of still FEEL the headache and you know that the painkiller is only MASKING the pain?  That's what wearing the strap was like.  I could tell that it was still swelling up and a couple of times when I took a sharp turn or ran downhill, it hurt a little.  

So, I will continuing icing and foam rolling and stretching and doing strengthening exercises.  But if I can run - even just a few miles - while rehabbing this, it will make me feel so much better both mentally and physically! This makes me sound like such a dork, but I almost started crying out of relief about mile 4.

Merry Xmas to me!  


Hope all is well with everyone reading this - Xmas is just over a week away!  Keep sending me your GOALS for the New Year and let me know if I can share them on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment