Monday, December 31, 2012

A year in review!

Today is the last day of the year and what a long year it has been!!  I woke up this morning and at the risk of tooting my own horn (TOOT!) I weighed in at 117.1!  So despite the holidays, the challenges and my indulgences, I am exactly in my right weight zone!  GO ME!  

I didn't allow myself much leeway on the way down, but have been giving in much more since hitting maintenance and with no ill effects so far.  That's pretty exciting for me.  I know this is terrible, but I didn't want to see the rest of my life without periods of pigging out or eating the wrong things sometimes.  I see now that I don't have to live my life like that!  As long as I eat right 95% of the time, it looks like I can veer off course every once and a while.

As far as the year in review - I have lost around 36 pounds from where I was at the end of last year.  I entered maintenance.  I increased my running and ran some 10K's and even came in first in one!  I battled an injury and it appears to be abating.  I kept up with weight lifting and am seeing some serious muscle definition all over my body.  I feel strong and more capable then ever.

I took my boys on a 5 mile walk this morning.  Here they are waiting to go:

 
Aren't they adorable?  Anyway, with that walk done, I looked at my spreadsheet and, between walking, running and hiking, I traveled 1,367.78 miles in 2012!  Not too shabby, huh?  Especially since I was laid up a month with surgery!

Speaking of that, obviously the biggest thing that happened to me this year was having my excess skin removed.  It was major surgery, and the first time I had ever had anesthesia.  I am mildly disappointed about how my belly button turned out, and I thought the huge scar would have faded more, but I don't regret for a moment having the surgery done.  It has been life changing!

I am looking forward to 2013 and just being a normal person.  I will continue to try to improve my relationship with food.  I have been greatly working on organization, but time management remains a challenge.  I always feel like I am running behind and there are never enough hours in the day.  Something will have to give there. 

But I have a plan to do a little every day and have already been implementing some organizational tactics.  I find that if I put stuff away or do something IMMEDIATELY, then it doesn't sit around.  

I hope you all have been reviewing the year like I suggested - reveling in your accomplishments and making plans to accomplish in 2013 what you didn't in 2012.

I hope that this blog has been helpful to people out there.  I am torn about whether to continue it or not, and would love to have your feedback.  Now that I am in maintenance, I'm not sure if my ramblings have any value to anyone but myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment