Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fall is here!

Wow, I can't believe that it is October!  Fall is definitely a rough time when it comes to losing and maintaining weight, don't you think?  I mean, fall is usually a time for cuddling up with a blanket, curling up on the sofa, watching a good movie, and drinking hot chocolate....  And, just when you're in that groove, the holidays hit and - oh mercy!

Ok, well, let me not get ahead of myself.  Like I've said before, this is a journey of 1,000 steps made one day at a time.  So all we have to worry about is making the right choices TODAY!  That means getting out in the crisp fall air and taking the dogs for a walk.  Or going to pick apples.  Or other things that won't sabotage your weight loss!

I have been 119 pounds the last 2 days, so I'm pretty happy that my vacation - that involved a few over-indulgences - had very little effect on my overall weight.  Like people say - weight loss happens in the kitchen, not in the gym.  BUT, when you go for a 15 mile hike, or run 10 miles, like I did, you can overindulge on occasion and not have it totally throw you off.

So for some news - believe it or not, tomorrow marks 24 weeks since I had my circumferential abdominoplasty.  I can't believe that it has been almost 6 months!!  I feel almost back to normal.  However, I still swell when working out, and the incision feels like a tight rubber band when that happens - it's a constant reminder.  I also noticed when doing yoga the other day, that some moves are still impossible because my skin just pulls TIGHT and won't stretch.  But other then that, I feel great.  

I have a follow up with Dr. DeRoberts today, so I'll report tomorrow how that appointment went, and if he has anything to say about where I stand 6 months out.  I don't expect anything surprising.  I am hoping he'll do another laser treatment on my birthmark, because it is definitely faded from the first treatment, but it's not gone.  

Happy October everyone! 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment