Friday, September 21, 2012

Never, ever throw in the towel!

What a week it has been.  I am getting ready for our vacation to the cabin in Pennsylvania.  I am extremely excited and this is a much needed vacation!  However, as we all know, planning trips is stressful.  Plus, this week at work is one of the 2 busiest weeks I have per year.  I have been SWAMPED planning a graduation party for all of the clients that have graduated my program in the past 6 months.  So my stress level thas been through the roof.  

I had a good plan for yesterday to avoid the temptation of cake and pizza at the graduation party.  Let's just say that things DID NOT go as planned.  I am totally and completely embarassed to say that I did not do well at all.  I stuffed myself like a crazy person.  I did manage to get in a really hard weight lifting workout but I went to bed last night feeling guilty and tired and powerless.

But today is a new day.  I can either say "screw it" or get right back on the horse.  My weight is up this morning by a couple of pounds - probably a combination of salty pizza and my workout.  BUT my size 2 pencil skirt still fits this morning, and I didn't put on 10 pounds of fat, despite that voice in my head that told me how horrible I messed things up!  So I will drink a lot of water to flush my system today.  I had a healthy breakfast, and will eat a salad for lunch and a sensible dinner.  AND I'll head out for a run today. 

What I have to remember myself, and I'm guessing many of you do, too, is this:


This is very, very difficult for me - that's not to say that I think I'm perfect or anything, but I really am HARD on myself when I screw up. 

I know that some of you have bad days and don't eat like you should, or mess up in other ways.  When the next day dawns you start out fresh and clean and can either berate yourself and say "screw it" and give up, because you're sure you'll never get it right, or learn from it and start fresh.  I am choosing to start fresh today.

The next test will come for me on my vacation - it will be my first vacation since entering maintenance.  I want to balance enjoying myself and not worrying about food all the time with being sensible and reasonable in my choices.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I think we all have those days. The trick is getting through the problems.

    ReplyDelete