Sunday, August 5, 2012

I am the #1 Loser!

Have you guys ever heard the phrase "Coming in 2nd makes you the #1 loser"?  Well that  is me!  Yesterday Marc and I raced our 2nd 10K.  It was very hot and humid.  Lots of people were really struggling, including some very buff and young Fort Drum soldiers.  Since I run at lunch time, I am kind of used to running in the heat.  It was pretty intense, but I was not all that bothered.

At any rate, it was a pretty small race - only 70 racers (you could also bike and there were a lot of bikers).  But I was the 6th person to finish and was 2nd overall for women!  It was pretty exciting!  And pretty hard for me to believe!

Here I am after collecting my medal:


Marc took 1st place in his age group!






The race included a pancake breakfast for all runners afterwards.  Do you know how long it has been since I've eaten pancakes??!!  Let's just say that I took full advantage and, of course, felt guilty afterwards.

Some day - SOME DAY - I am going to be able to just eat like a normal person!!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment