Saturday, June 9, 2012

A fun evening out!

Tonight we went to a very fancy restaurant with some co-workers/family/friends.  My close friend/co-worker made the arrangements for my birthday.  It was a great time.  I was surprised at how many people showed up.  The food was wonderful - I had a array of seafood.  Even with cake at the end I wasn't up too many calories because seafood has such a low calorie count.  Yes, I am still worrying about calories.  I am trying to start thinking in maintenance mode, but I'm not quite there yet (neither mentally nor in actual weight!).  Anyway, I'm glad I am mostly out of my funk, because most of the cards were making fun of me turning 40!!

I'll show you guys the dress I wore - I was pretty happy with how I looked.  Plus, for those of you who know me, and know what a cheap-skate I am, I got this dress for $6.  Woo hoo!

 
Here's one of Marc and I right before we left.



 People at the party were so complimentary - if you were one of the people there, thanks again so much.  I still have a very hard time taking compliments, but there's a part of me that now thinks people are saying that I look good because there is some truth to it, not just because they feel obligated to make a positive comment.  

All I have to say is that I am a very lucky person and I need to remember this when I get in one of my moods - easier said then done, though!

Well, my birthDAY stretched into a birthWEEK celebration.  Back to reality tomorrow - have to get at least 5 more pounds off.  May try a run longer then 6 miles for the first time since surgery!

1 comment:

  1. You did look fantastic at your birthday dinner! Not just because people are trying to say something nice, because if you had always been the size you are now, the way you look is still fantastic. Not too skinny, not anorexic looking, but so good that people will start to say nasty things (Like go eat a cookie) because they are jealous of what you've been able to accomplish.

    ~Shannon

    ReplyDelete