Monday, May 28, 2012

Holiday weekend

Any weekend that includes an extra day off is a good one, right?  And thanks to mother nature, this one was even better then normal.  I spent the vast majority of the day yesterday gardening.  In the morning, Marc and I ran together and I blasted my old time.  We went 5 miles in 45:46!  2 of the miles were under 9 minutes.  That is unheard of for me.  This skin coming off really has made a huge speed difference already!

Today I planted some more plants, did some weight lifting and then got some quality hammock time.  We are now cooking steak on the grill and will be eating outside.  

During my yard work this weekend, I really pushed it - lifted heavy items, etc.  I could feel a little tension in my abs, but it is tension, not pain.  Tomorrow is my 6 week doctor's appointment and we'll see what he has to say!

2 comments:

  1. You run like a cheetah!! Haha. But really that is amazing!! Just wondering when you first started running, did you start out slow? Like jogging first? I recently started jogging and injured my foot a little this past weekend. Did anything like this happen to you? Trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Did you have a good pair of shoes?? Is it safe for obese people to jog?? I just don't know what I did wrong. Thought I'd ask an experienced runner, like yourself for a few tips or help. Anything will be a great pleasure! Thanks!! Goodluck at docs tomorrow!!!
    -Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah! When I started I was running very slow. I started running at 289 pounds. My pace was about 16 minute miles. I run in minimalist shoes and have never (knock on wood) had an injury.

    2 pieces of advice - go to a shoe speciality store - NOT like Foot Locker, something like Fleet Feet - and they will fit the perfect shoe for your gait. Second - start out running using the Couch to 5K Program. You can google it. It's a perfect way to teach your body to run!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete