Sunday, April 22, 2012

Continuing to feel better...

Last night, after being swollen all day, I really felt like crap and was sore all over.  So I took a pain pill.  Don't know why I'm so reluctant to take pain killers - it's like a sign of weakness to me or something.  Anyway, that allowed me to get a good night's sleep.  I haven't been up all that long, but the swelling seems much better today.  It may get worse as the day goes on, but for now it's good.

I can't wait to get these damn drains out.  They are not fun.  Everytime they catch they pull on where they go into the body and that is not the best feeling in the world for sure!

I went ahead and weighed myself today - I am 3.2 pounds lighter then the day I went into surgery.  Not bad considering that most people say they gain weight for a while as the body swells and heals itself.

I'm also moving around better - I'm able to get up and down without Marc needing to lift me up and down all the time.  There is still some pain like when I get up from lying down, but it's just painful and brief, not excruciating like it was in the beginning.

If only the weather wasn't so damn crappy!  I hate being stuck inside all day, but I'm not really in any sort of shape to hit the mall quite yet!

Oh, I've had a couple people ask about before pics of the belly.  I plan to post those but not until I get the drains out this week and hopefully have some nice after pics to post next to them.  I am anxious to see what my new belly button looks like!

No comments:

Post a Comment